Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Response to the non-existent backlash to my last post

"But Ben!" you cry. "Why buy all those books? Use an e-reader instead!"

To you I say (or, rather, Joe Queenan says):
People who need to possess the physical copy of a book, not merely an electronic version, believe that the objects themselves are sacred. Some people may find this attitude baffling, arguing that books are merely objects that take up space. This is true, but so are Prague and your kids and the Sistine Chapel. Think it through, bozos.
Yeah!

(Full disclosure: I own a kindle.)

2 comments:

  1. In Ben's defense, he would have bought those books for his kindle if they cost 10 cents. It's the price that got him, not the book's format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cop to this. Though I don't know how it's a defense to call me cheap.

      Delete