Sunday, February 17, 2013

A-post-calypse

It's been a busy month so far, and the blog has fallen by the wayside. But, soon, I'll again be able feed my hungry audience with my thoughts on important stuff, like what I ate last night and what happened in the Civil War.

In the interim between my last post and this one, I let several important events pass by that might otherwise have ended up as the subject of a post on this blog:

Lincoln's 204th Birthday
The big 204 for Lincoln was last Tuesday. I'll only note here that he's enjoying a bit of a renaissance in popularity, if his name as a search term in google is any indication:


February is typically his most popular month, owing I'm sure to the school assignments kids have to complete around his birthday and President's Day. This latest surge has pushed him past even George Washington, perhaps the final nail in the coffin for Washington's case as Greatest President of All Time.

I watched some more movies
Including: "Take This Waltz," a bad movie with some really good stuff in it; "Zero Dark Thirty," a good movie with some really bad stuff in it (maybe); and "Sound of My Voice," which made me believe in it despite all its problems, not unlike the way the film's protagonist comes to believe in the mysterious cult leader he's ostensibly investigating as a journalist.

I may take a shot at posting fuller thoughts of ZDT soon.

My cat got bigger
And continues to defy conservation of mass by growing even though he poops more than he eats.

Fear not, loyal reader(s?) of this blog. I have not given up. More content to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment